SCADA Design Engineer
Sector: Power & Utilities
Contract Length: 6 Months
The preferred candidate is expected to lead technical project activities during the project lifecycle. You will be responsible for design preparation based on customer specification, conduct / leads engineering activities from design stage until site commissioning and acts as a technical interface with the customer.
Participate in customer kick off meetings, leading technical front on the project.
* Analysis customer specifications, identification of the appropriate solution to build the system.
* Write the specifications and documentations relative to projects involved with (Basic and/or Detail design,…).
* Actively define and validate technical solutions with customers.
* Understand designed systems and recommends changes when required.
* Own technical delivery of the project inside the allocated budget.
* Warns the project manager in case of budget deviation forecast / any technical deviation which put the project in risk.
* Define project technical contractual documents for customer and follow the doc transmissions (sent / approval)
* Lead Factory Acceptance Tests and Site Acceptance tests
Essential Skills / Knowledge:
* Minimum of a BSc. in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) coupled with over five years' control system related experience.
* Strong knowledge of SCADA, communication protocols and media.
* Strong working knowledge of database applications
* Experience with design, programming, electrical Control systems (SCADA/HMI, Cyber security, Network equipment, IEC61850, Firewalls, Routers e.tc).
* Experience in Networking, communication Protocols and OT Cyber security aspects.
Desired Skills / Knowledge:
Knowledge on Automation, Electrical Control Systems and SCADA/DCS systems.
* Strong technical skills on design of control systems, including but not limited to: SCADA Functional testing, HMI validation, Network communication tests, Integration & testing with 3rd part systems on IEC101/104, signal testing with protection relays on IEC61850.
* Flexible approach to working hours is essential (extended hours and weekends)
- Ability to travel to customer sites Locally and globally - Must have a valid driver's license