To provide technical support, manage and maintain equipment, including lifecycle of equipment, which is used to monitor and control machinery, systems, and processes to both Plant Engineering and a 24/7 Manufacturing and Packaging operation.
- Working with suppliers to specify, control & monitor electrical design & software supply in line with relevant business ISO and Regulatory / GMP standards.
- Lead the development & revisions of business standards in line with industry standards.
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards.
- LD File responsibilities as assigned.
- Functional Safety & PUWER
- Support Site Change Management and control of Validated control systems
- Keep abreast of Evolving Regulatory Standards within the Pharma Industry
- Supplier selection & order placement in line with business requirements
- Development of project scope, specifications, program and estimated cost along with control system design and software development for bespoke manufacturing equipment
- Writing Computer Software and Test procedures
- Designing and developing new controls systems
- Testing Maintaining and Modifying existing Controls Systems
- Software Management System Maintenance
- Schedule and cost management including supervision / leadership of design reviews, acceptance testing, installation & commissioning.
- Support manufacturing teams in understanding improvement opportunities and development of concepts
- Maintain and provide continuous Improvement activities to the Loughborough site Plant, Operational Technology network and controls systems.
- Provide technical support and fault finding for Operational Technology (OT) Network and PLC systems within Plant and Operations
- Firewall maintenance
- Testing, maintaining, and modifying existing systems.
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Manage and execute specific assigned projects whilst balancing workload against priorities as required.
- Support site operations SCADA Systems
- Share knowledge with competent members of the team to aid 24/7 working
- HNC or above qualification in electrical or control disciplines
- Industry qualifications desired including: IEC 61131, Recognised Functional Safety (e.g. TUV)
- Minimum expectation of 5 years relevant industry experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant industry & regulatory standards including: IEC 61131, 62061 & 61508, GAMP 5, ISA-88, 21 CFR & Annex 11, ISO 13849.
- Experience of project management & budget control desirable.
Skills / Knowledge:
Proven technical ability in design & programming of Rockwell Automation based control systems including PLC, Scada, Drives and motion control.
Vision systems experience preferable, (Cognex/ Keyence etc)