KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and test the C&T (Coding & Tracking) machines from panel wiring, machine field wiring, and EOL testing and development for customer-ready production machinery.
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Controls department to drive through machine improvements and upgrades.
- Liaise with the various Supply Chain departments to advise of shortages, changes or delays.
- Check compliance and conformity criteria, including floor plans, machine quality and safety compliance.
- Working under the continuous improvement initiative, undertaking R&D tasks, improving the current machine range and developing new systems where appropriate.
- Work with peers within the C&T division, such as electricians, controls engineers, software engineers, and management, to ensure efficient and effective communication flow in all project-related topics.
- Be a point of contact for management to discuss daily challenges such as production problems, parts fitting, design problems, failures and successes.
Key Activities on Customer Sites
- Responsible for the electrical installation of our newly supplied C&T equipment and machinery.
- Assist the team leaders with tasks such as electrical and mechanical installations, fault finding, designing and implementing interfaces with pre and post-machinery, and machine sign-off, including arranging and overseeing the acceptance protocol.
- Work with our customer stakeholders, counter-party suppliers, and C&T on-site team to ensure a smooth installation is achieved from start to finish.
- Install third-party equipment such as Domino printers/lasers and Flexlink handling systems.
- Ensure the machinery is installed safely and is compliant with local and international standards.
- Provide Electrical training to the customer.
- Look for opportunities within the customer factories to improve production processes and generate new C&T business. Collaborate on new opportunities with the C&T management team.
- Cultivate an understanding of coding, labelling, vision systems and Beckhoff hardware and software to enable setup, commissioning and testing of said equipment on-site.
- Develop a proficient understanding of the different processes and services offered by the Coding & Tracking division.
Level 3 Diploma
Time served as an apprentice (electrically biased)
5 years experience in machinery manufacturing and design
Experience working on customer projects - on site in numerous locations across the UK and abroad
Understanding of industry standards
Experience working with safety circuits
Initiative to take on technical challenges and problem solving tasks
Good communication skills
18th edition wiring certified
Willingness to work abroad on projects when necessary
Good understanding of coding and tracking