2 weeks ago
Stafford 45 - 55 Contract
Job Reference: BBBH59999_1700172975
Protection Design Engineer
Sector: Power & Utilities
Contract Length: 6 Months
Rate: Market Rates
The preferred candidate is expected to lead technical project activities during the project lifecycle. You will be responsible for design preparation based on customer specification, conduct / leads engineering activities from design stage until site commissioning and acts as a technical interface with the customer.
* Participate in customer kick off meetings, leading technical front on the project.
* Analysis customer specifications, identification of the appropriate solution to build the system.
* Write the specifications and documentations relative to projects involved with (Basic and/or Detail design,…).
* Actively define and validate technical solutions with customers.
* Understand designed systems and recommends changes when required.
* Own technical delivery of the project inside the allocated budget.
* Warns the project manager in case of budget deviation forecast / any technical deviation which put the project in risk.
* Define project technical contractual documents for customer and follow the doc transmissions (sent / approval)
* Lead Factory Acceptance Tests and Site Acceptance tests
Essential Skills / Knowledge:
* Expertise in the field of protection & network studies.
* Strong knowledge of protection functions, Electrical Scheme, and cubicle design.
* Strong working knowledge of relays configuration.
* Electrical (motors, generators, power grid and generation).
Desired Skills / Knowledge:
* Minimum of a BSc. in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) coupled with four to five years' project technical leader related experience
* Knowledge on Power & Protection Systems.
* Experience with electrical Protection relays (LV, MV & HV), detailed design is essential for the job.
* Experience in delivering National Grid protection projects.
* Flexible approach to working hours is essential.
* Ability to travel to customer sites - Must have a valid driver's license
4 days ago
Scarborough 40K - 45K Permanent